The old Hatchet and Bill was at approximately 162 Main Street.
The original stone and thatch Hatchet and Bill stood in the West End of Main Street close to the junction with Church Street. In 1830 the landlord of the Hatchet and Bill was Elizabeth Blackman. By 1872 it was owned by Marshall Brewery and was later aHuntingdon Ales Brewery House. In 1903 the publican in charge was Frederick C Douglas before Joseph Cluer took over in 1910. In 1937 the Cluers decided to relocate the pub and a new site was found on the Broadway. On the death of Mr Cluer his wife Emma carried on with the help of her sons George and Fred who were bricklayers by trade and played a part in building the new Hatchet and Bill. The Old Hatchet and Bill was demolished in the 60s along with a short row of houses between Church St-Main St junction and the Old Bakery, detached houses now stand on the site. (credit: Jack Beeby)